ShieldAll 6023 – Fire Guard is a “Class A” FIre Retardant that slows the growth of flame and smoke from fire. This water-based intumescent significantly slows flame speed and smoke development by forming a protective char over treated, interior surfaces. ShieldAll 6023 – Fire Guard produces a superior (FSR) Fire Spread Rating ASTM E-84 in laboratory tests using fire safety industry’s best known measurement.
Laboratory Tested | Paintable | Water Clean-up
NON-TOXIC | Durable | Safe as Water Based Paints | Bonds to Most Common Materials
About SHIELDALL 6023 - Fire Guard
Good solutions for any foundation!
Fire Guard is Non-Toxic!
SHIELDALL 6023 – FIRE GUARD coatings are non-toxic, made with EPA-registered fungicides and they do not leach.
Excellent Bonding Capabilities!
SHIELDALL 6023 – FIRE GUARD coatings have excellent bonding capability that helps restore surface strength to damaged material and protect it against further degradation. Superior adhesion properties also prevent blistering, peeling and chipping.
<strong><em>Where to Use</em></strong> Fire Guard
SHIELDALL 6023 – FIRE GUARD has solutions for
residential and commercial alike.
Kitchens | False Ceiling | Stairwells | Doors | Utility & Equipment Rooms | Garage Walls and Ceilings | Unfinished Basements & Attics | Renovations or Historic Sites Where Preservation is Key
Perfect for small but hard to reach areas: Under a staircase, or areas where wallboard isn’t practical. Areas that may not be seen, but still pose a threat of fire.
- Use in historic restorations, condos, apartments, lofts and wherever architectural designs call for an extremely thin, aesthetic architectural finish with simultaneously needed Fire Protection.
- Fire Guard is more architecturally aesthetic in many cases than fire rated wallboard.
Laboratory Tested | Paintable | Water Clean-up Non Toxic | Durable | Safe as Water Based Paints | Bonds to Most Common Materials
Tested fire solutions for any foundation!
Benefits of Fire Guard
- ShieldAll 6023 is a “Class A” fire retardant that slows the growth of flame and smoke from fire. This water-based intumescent significantly slows flame speed and smoke development by forming a protective char over treated, interior surfaces. ShieldAll 6023 Fire Guard produces a superior (FSR) Fire Spread Rating ASTM E-84 in laboratory tests using fire safety industry’s best known measurement. Seals porous surfaces with a tough, flexible film.
Eliminates blistering, peeling, cracking or chipping ▪ Long-term flame retardant, limiting flame spread ▪ No odor, and non hazardous to apply and use ▪ Cleans up like water-based paint
Fire Guard for Architects & Professional
- ShieldAll 6023 is formulated to meet the unique needs of architects and designers looking for fire retardant coatings
- Use in historic restorations, condos, apartments, lofts and wherever architectural designs call for an extremely thin, aesthetic architectural finish with simultaneous fire protection.
- Renovations or historic sites where preservation is key
- More architecturally aesthetic in many cases than fire rated wallboard.
- Small hard to reach areas. Under a stair case, or areas where wallboard isn’t practical.
- Areas that my not be seen but still pose a threat of fire
What materials need to be fireproofed?
- Manufactured wood products
- Interior exposed structural columns or beams
- Concealed interior structures
ShieldAll 6023 is a "Class A" Fire Retardant
Class A, B, C – Class ratings can be applied to a range of products, and refer to different test standards depending on the product rated. For example, interior finish materials are classified within the major building codes as Class A, B, or C when tested to UL 723 (ASTM E84). However, in all cases Class A denotes products that offer a higher degree of performance when subjected to a test fire when compared to products rated Class B and C.
Highest Risks of Fire Damage
- Kitchens The most frequent source of a fire in any hotel, restaurant or residence. The walls, doors, and even kitchen counters should be protected against the spread of fire.
- False Ceiling The topside of a false ceiling is very susceptible to a fire, since it is in close proximity to the electrical wiring and ducting which it conceals. A short – circuit above the false ceiling is not detected until the fire has spread considerably.
- Stairwells In the event of a fire, evacuation is of paramount importance. Painting the stairwells with ShieldAll 6023 can allow more time for evacuation.
- Doors painted with ShieldAll 6023 will slow flame spread and help prevent the fire from spreading.
- Utility & Equipment Rooms Any room that has mechanical and electrical installations is at risk from a fire and must be protected.
- Garage Walls and Ceilings many single family homes have attached garages, a small fire can quickly shoot up a unprotected wall, ignite the exposed rafters and engulf the entire home.
- Unfinished Basements & Attics by encapsulating a unfinished basement or attic in ShieldAll 6023 the homeowner is able to finish the area at their choosing while still being protected from fire.